LE PETIT BASSIN ACCELERATION PROGRAM
The Petit Bassin is a free 4-month acceleration program propelled by la Piscine, Montréal’s premier accelerator for cultural and creative entrepreneurs.
It offers young for-profit companies and non-profit organizations working in the cultural and creative industries and who posses a tangible Proof of Concept (POC) to connect with one of La Piscine’s corporate partners.
The selected companies and organizations will be able to consolidate their development and growth by rapidly testing their POC in experimental fields made available to them by the program partner. After the program, they will will also have the opportunity to negotiate a partnership with the program partner if the they are interested in the projects that were tested.
WHAT IS OFFERED TO ENTREPRENEURS?
A free four-month acceleration program (from October 2019 to February 2020)
Over 80 hours of coaching
- Training workshops and sessions to put their Proof of Concept into practice and consolidate their growth
- A dedicated coach that will be assigned to each of the selected companies and organizations at the beginning of the program.
- Industry experts that will speak to key subjects (intellectual property, growth strategy, financing, rapid prototyping techniques, leadership and team management, etc…)
- Working sessions in collaboration with the partners’ teams to ensure a coherence between the propositions being developed and the partners’ challenges and opportunities
- Spaces to test its Proof of Concept (subject to availability)
- The possibility of concluding a partnership agreement with the program theme partner if tests of the POC show promise, at the entire discretion of the partner.
- Participation in Le Petit Bassin networking events
The workshops, training sessions and meetings with the partners will take place mainly in French, and every effort will be made to accommodate English-speaking participants. Coaching sessions will take place in the preferred language of the entrepreneurs.
THE EXPERIMENTATIONS IN FIVE POINTS
1. Why experiment?
Interests are multiple!
Experiment allows to validate the relevance of your product or service to a new customer segment that is embodied here by the theme partner. Experimentation will also help you build a sales pitch based on concrete and tangible results. Thanks to it, you will obtain metrics of success that will give credibility to your sales speech and that will allow you to attract future clients and investors!
2. What will be tested?
We will not validate the technical or technological aspects of your product or service since your proof of concept is already existing, unless you deem it useful of course.
The main objective is to validate the viability of your value proposition for a new potential client. To make sure the test will be effective and realistic for your company or organization, we will define together, during the program, what would be the Viable Minimal Test to quickly prove to a potential future client the relevance of your proposition.
3. Who will be involved?
You will not be alone during this process!
La Piscine team as well as a selection of experts from our partner will support you during the experimentation phase.
4. How long will the tests take?
The experiment will be short, but it must be effective!
You will not be solicited continuously during the months planned for the deployment of the experimentations. The tests will be strategically framed over a short period of time.
The goal is to help you gather the most relevant information to build your future sales pitch.
5. What budget will be required for the tests?
The goal is not to deploy a colossal test for free!
Our partner fully understand that experimenting requires budget. That is why, at the end of the 2nd month of the program, you will have to pitch them your experimentation plan as well as its implementation budget. If they feel that your proposation is interesting and reasonable, they will be ready to invest the necessary budgets. If not, we will continue to help you clarify your proposition in order to find the best arguments to convince them.
Accelerate the growth of companies and non-profits through personalised, expert coaching
Support the production of innovative projects that respond to real-world corporate challenges
Validate the Proof of Concept of companies and non-profits by placing them in the heart of the action in the field made available to them by the program partner.
Work in collaboration with corporate partner’s teams to best capture their objectives and needs and to adapt to their constraints.